Thursday, April 10, 2014
Sunday, February 16, 2014
Tuesday, January 21, 2014
Saturday, January 4, 2014
I would say I've been AWOL, but the fact of the matter is that I've actually been ABIHABWHTGITNICU (away because I had a baby who had to go into the NICU). So I know you all understand. And I know all of you who have more than one child understand how your sweet little two-year-old can suddenly turn into a horrible tantrum throwing monster who doesn't let you get a thing done.
So maybe I haven't been sewing or blogging. And there's a good possibility I won't participate in the Project Run and Play Sew-Along this season, which makes me sad, but I have a cute baby I can snuggle to make me happy again. As I get used to this mom-of-two thing, I am finding I have a little bit more down time (that I'm not using to nap) and I'm trying to get caught up on reading blogs (400+ posts behind), and also devouring the first two books in the Divergent series (have you read it?!) as well as a few other novels. Updating my own blog hasn't been high on my priority list, but I don't want to stop completely. This month you may just get to know me really well. We'll see what I decide to blog about while I don't have time to sew.
Wednesday, December 18, 2013
Friday, November 22, 2013
Voting is open over at Frances Suzanne
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Have you seen the status game floating around facebook? You read someone's list of facts and like it and then they give you a number and you post that many facts about yourself as your status. Well I liked Kiah's status and being the wonderful friend she is *cough* she gave me the number 24.
So I figured I'd share here too.
24 things you may or may not have known about me:
1) I have a scar on my bottom lip from hitting my face on a couch as a toddler.
2) I talk in my sleep.
3) I didn't have a middle name until after I got married,
4) If my parents had given me a middle name it would have been Nicole.
5) I got a "pack rat" award in 5th grade. (I still have it)
6) I severely burned my left hand on a wood-burning stove while I was learning to walk. I don't have scars or less function from that hand.
7) My biggest pet peeve is people chewing with their mouth open.
8) I wrote an A paper comparing caste systems in Jane Eyre and Brave New World my senior year of high school. I have never read Jane Eyre (thank you cliff notes).
9) I've never been skiing or snowboarding.
10) I made the first move in my relationship with Nathan.
11) Kiah and I used pseudonyms to write each other notes in high school. Mine was Caroline Mae Fligidavatchkavitch.
12) November 17 is always a good day for me.
13) I have a ton of nicknames. Maedel, Mae, Meggers, and cheese head to name a few. Nathan calls me Maegen.
14) I choose to eat tuna casserole for my birthday dinner every year.
15) If we had gotten married on the day we wanted to originally, Mack would have been born on our anniversary.
16) Even after having a dream about Mack being named Mackay, I still really wanted to name him Owen. When they put him in my arms I knew he was Mackay.
17) Nathan proposed on stage at the Nampa Civic Center by singing "I want to grow old with you" from The Wedding Singer.
18) Nathan and I first held hands while watching The Court Jester. I haven't been able to get him to watch it again.
19) Baby #2 is due Christmas Eve. And even though I swore I wouldn't ever do this, we already know what we are going to name him.
20) I'm a huge name nerd. I know the meanings/origins of quite a few names.
21) I still have the rags of what used to be my baby blanket. You can't even tell that it had kittens on it.
22) I got baptized on my 8th birthday.
23) I went to 3 different high schools.
24) I can't dance.
Hope you enjoyed the list!
Thursday, November 14, 2013
Somehow I had it set in my mind that my "flipped" pattern was going to be going up on Frances Suzanne on Sunday, November 17th. So when I sat down to do a bit of blog reading and post writing this afternoon I was very surprised to see that I was wrong! Very surprised, and a little embarrassed. I hope that those people who came over earlier expecting to see this post enjoyed the owl post!
I ended up with a golden opportunity yesterday, and had a darling model to wear my tiny hunting vest. Isn't she a doll?
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Tuesday, November 12, 2013
this basic beanie pattern like crazy lately. Having a baby in winter this time, I realized that my little collection of hats from when Mack was born was going to get boring really fast. Here are a few of the beanies I've made.
Monday, November 11, 2013