Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Tumble Tees

Did you know that Imagine Gnats has a free version of her tumble tee
The pattern is for a 0-3 months size. After sewing it and trying it on a baby in that size, I found the pattern to be a tad big, but darling nonetheless. Then I realized I'd taken a 1/8" seam allowance instead of a 1/4". So that's going to make a bit of a difference. Mostly it means I'm going to have to sew up some more of these cute (and super easy!) tops.

This first top is for my niece Georgie, who should be arriving sometime in the next 6 weeks. My mother-in-law bought two of the same t-shirt to make Jana (my sister-in-law) a maternity shirt, and she gave me the remnants, just in case there was enough there to make something. Well, there was! 

My second tumble tee is made out of a thicker knit that my mother-in-law gave me when she de-stashed her fabric a while ago. I decided to get fancy and add a bow out of some scraps of knit I had sitting on the floor from working on my hangout hoodie flip. I ended up breaking my needle, but I think it was worth it. Nathan saw the shirt laying on the arm of the couch and said, "wow babe, this one with a bow is really cute!" So obviously I'm going to have to keep that one. 

Linked to: 


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. They're cute, especially the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I didn't know there was a free version! I love both shirts you made!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! It probably drives my husband crazy, but I share a lot of them with him. Please leave a comment!