Pages

Monday, November 11, 2013

A Little Car Coat

 With Mack being born in June, we only have a handful of light jackets in newborn and 0-3 month sizes. Luckily, I have the Olivia and Oliver Pea Coat pattern.
I made the 3 month size of course. The lining fabric is from an old sweatshirt Nathan's sister Rachel got rid of, and the outer fabric was from a 25 cent scrap bag my mom bought at a yardsale. There was just barely enough of the fabric to do the outside of the coat, which is why I didn't use it for the lapels as well.

I put 8 buttons down the front. 4 are functional, 4 are decorative. I like the way it looks, because the buttons I had on hand were so small, but I am definitely not planning to do this many buttons on a coat again. (I'm lying. I love buttons!)

I also crocheted a little beanie to go with the coat. Read here to find about more about it.

Linked to:




Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Maegen. I love this. What a great project. You are so talented. Especially when it comes to crocheting or knitting. I couldn't do it to save my life (unless you count simple square wash clothes or hot pads). I'm getting really excited to meet your baby.
    With Love,
    Al @ Shaffer Sisters

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! It probably drives my husband crazy, but I share a lot of them with him. Please leave a comment!